Focus on HT Videos
We have frequently been asked for effective tools to communicate the benefits of horticultural therapy and to influence decision-makers about the advantages of a professionally run horticultural therapy program. In response to these requests, beginning in 2007, the Institute started producing a series of educational videos. Your tax-deductible donation will assist us to develop a quality product that inform and inspire those interested in promoting and sustaining human health through the medium of gardening. The first two videos, highlighting youth and elders in the garden, illustrate the power of the garden for health and well-being.
If you would like a link to download the videos for use in presentations, use the form at the bottom of the page.
Focus on HT – Youth and the Garden
Focus on HT- Elders in the Garden
Learn more about the Institute from a recent webinar:
Featured programs of our HTI students and class guest speakers:
- This YouTube video highlights the horticultural therapy garden at Craig Hospital where students who take the fall Fundamentals of HT class in Denver will visit.
- Guest speaker at the HT Institute, Kirk Hines, HTR is the horticultural therapist at A.G. Rhodes Health and Rehab in Atlanta, GA.
- HTI graduate Joni Gabriel is featured in this video with clients from a girls rehabilitation facility in San Diego, CA
- HTI graduate Carol LaRocque, HTR describes her HT program at the Mental Health Center of Denver.
- HTI graduate, Katie Roberson demonstrates horticultural therapy at the West Texas Rehab Center in Abilene, TX.
- HTI graduate, Patricia Esperon talks about her horticultural therapy work at the Salvation Army Gardens in Vail, Colorado
- HTI graduate, Kaifa Anderson-Hall of Inspired Horticulture Services, Inc. talks about her work with older adults in horticultural therapy in the Washington, DC area.
- HTI graduate and guest speaker Libba Shortridge, HTR describes the horticultural therapy program at Skyland Trail in Atlanta, GA.
- HTI graduate Monica Swihart part of the therapeutic horticulture program at the Missouri Botanical Gardens shares the therapeutic benefits of flower arranging.
- HTI graduate Libba Shortridge, HTR is featured on CNN as well as her horticultural therapy program.
- HTI graduates Trish Hildinger, HTR and LaTrina Candia in ‘Enhancing School Garden Programs using Horticultural Therapy” as part of the American Horticultural Society’s 28th National Children & Youth Garden Symposium.
- HTI graduate, Arleen Ferrera, HTR discusses the Vista Del Mar Schools Therapeutic Gardens in Los Angeles, CA.
- HTI guest speaker, Kathy Perry, HTR at the Monarch School of New England.
- HTI graduate, Calliope Correa, Fresno State Horticulture Manager, Plant Science Dept. talks about her HT work with an adult transitional training program.
- HTI graduate, Tara Hicks, Elite Care’s Garden Activities Coordinator and provides an HT program for Residents with memory loss.
- HTI student, Mike Bollio talks about the Charles River Center’s Horticulture Program, which provides therapeutic opportunities for adults with developmental disabilities in Needham, MA.
- HTI graduate, Irene Barber, HTR is the horticultural therapist at the Coastal Maine Botanical Gardens in Boothbay Harbor and runs a program for people at varying levels of cognitive and physical abilities.
- HTI graduate Carol Dorsey works with juvenile offenders to discover the healing powers of the garden in Mobile Alabama
HTI Student Programs
Featured programs of our HTI students and class guest speakers