This course provides models of a wide array of horticultural therapy programming. The course includes the processes and techniques to plan, implement, document, and evaluate treatment programs for individuals and groups. The emphasis is on the process and practice of HT in various types of settings, as well as the skills to plan effective treatment sessions utilizing horticulture. (Meets four days) CSU course number H423.
- Create, conduct and utilize assessments as part of the HT treatment process.
- Write goals and objectives that utilize HT for individuals and groups.
- Plan and conduct HT sessions that support treatment objectives for groups and individuals.
- Choose horticultural tasks and activities to accomplish treatment goals.
- Identify and use appropriate methods to document progress on goal and objectives.
- Evaluate treatment effectiveness.
- Plan vocational, therapeutic and wellness HT sessions for specific populations.
- Conduct process reviews of HT sessions.